I can't believe I've managed to post every day this month! Just one more to go. . . .
Thanks to this great challenge, I've learned a few things about blogging. . .
- This "quilting blog" is not in fact about quilting, mostly because I hardly ever quilt. Hmm, that may be more about my life than my blog.
- The day-to-day details of my life are pretty mundane, and I don't really want to write about them.
- I WANT to write about creativity and/or blessings.
- I fantasize about having a kind of posting routine--WIP Wednesday, Finished Friday, etc. Problem is, my life is just the opposite--WIP Friday, possibly finished Wednesday.
- Posting on something other than real time is very difficult to get my head around. In other words, writing about a WIP on Wednesday if in actuality it is finished.
- My biggest obstacle to posting, at least in my mind, is a lack of decent photos. When the light is best in my house, I am usually at work. Plus, I'm just not that good with the camera.
- I don't have enough moodling time for making stuff, let alone writing stuff. (see October 28)
- I seem to think in terms of obstacles instead of challenges.
- I need a new blogging "picture" in my mind to make this workable.
- I would like to have blogging be about developing relationships; this, of course, would require that I comment on other blogs more and lurk less.
- I hate exclamation points, mostly.
With all this in mind, after tomorrow, I'm going take a break and re-think my blog. Of course, I've taken many breaks before, but that was through neglect not reflection. I'm also going to visit my grandmother in Washington state--a little road trip! So here's a toast to blogging and all its possibilities. Thank you to tinniegirl for the blogtoberfest challenge and to any of you who have left comments (or not). I'll post tomorrow and then see you in 2 weeks.
- Enough time to contemplate lessons learned :)
- Beautiful sunshine
- Paying someone else to suck up all our leaves instead of raking them ourselves. Lovely!