Nov 4, 2009

::WIP Wednesday:: JOY!


Ok, so I'm ready to find some JOY in the New Year by WIP-ing my UFOs into shape! Today is the day I accept Tall Grass Prairie Studio's challenge. I have at least an even dozen, that's 12, UFOs. Actually, I'm gonna call these Works In Progress--more positive.

And I'm kinda excited because my new-found swaps have really helped me set some goals and stick with the progress I can make, without freakin' out over missed deadlines. Deep, huh? My hope is that my stash will shrink considerably. And there's more good news there in the form of inspiration from an article (Fabric Guilt) in the Int'l Quilt Fest: Quilt Scene mag by Charlotte Angotti. She has officially given us permission to buy bits of fabric to make those UFOs SING--after all, they are all UFOs for a reason.

So this is a long way of saying, I can fall in love with all that stuff all over again. Maybe in January I can start some of the projects that are not technically unfinished or even in-progress--just bags of fabric with a pattern, sitting lonely in the closet. I think I've gone toward TMI at this point.

Hope you are inspired this Wednesday!

Gratitudes
More lovely fall weather!
Getting a quilt basted at lunch.
Sweet teenage boys busy learning the ways of the world--are they really mine?

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

Good luck with your goals.