Sew & Tell Friday
I'm so excited to be finished with my Doll Quilt Swap 8 mini. It will be in the mail today to someone special somewhere in the world (it's still a secret!). Go here to see some other great doll quilts.
- When what you thought was linen is really just
stretchy(yet beautiful Daiwabo taupe) cotton, it might not be the best choice for whirlygigs or other blocks with anything like bias edges. Three of these turned out to be enough.
- Lace edging is beautiful, but when you are just showing the tiiiiniest bit of it, it just might shrink so much that your partner won't even notice it--after all the tries it took to get it straight, etc.
- If you continue to use pink fabrics because you really think your partner will like it, be prepared to be teased mercilessly by your friend at the LQS about your so-called hatred of pink (BTW, we will be giving away pink on Sunday).
- I really DO like all the texture in this little thing, which shrunk to smaller than the required size :(
- I really DO like the taupes and pinks here, my two least favorite colors (never say never!)
- When your machine seems to hate all pink/red threads (justifiably so, I think) and produces only ugly stitches with it, it is indeed a good idea to try a little hand quasi-quilting with some of the heavy threads you've been hoarding.
- Finally discovering the secret to excellent French toast--awesome eggs (doh!)
- Ready to sew on the binding for Grandma's quilt tonight while Apolo wins more medals.
- 4 out of 5 days of sunshine to get me through a cloudy weekend.