Oct 21, 2009

WIP Wednesday


Four Patch Frenzy
Originally uploaded by QuiltyBee
I pulled these out of the UFO box, started 2 years ago! (See more blocks at my flickr.) They are a take-off on the 4 patch frenzy (stack four layers, aligning the repeat exactly, sew each stack together). Just ironing them up got me interested again--although I'm not sure I have quite enough for a lap quilt. This project is intended for my dad, back when he turned 65! (Sorry, Dad--we're all so slow). I think I will back it with red dragonflies.

I'm not sure how to quilt this--probably in grey since the fabric is dark with greens, greys and golds and the sashing is this dark, dark grey. I'm most comfortable with straight lines, but this seems to call out for a spiral or something. Got to get them sewn together first!

It's rainy here but supposed to be nice by Friday, my day with any time at home. Hmmm--sewing or yard clean up? Yard clean up or sewing? Do I really have to ask? Boys were just made for yard clean up, right?

No comments: