Jun 11, 2010

Mail Box Boon

Sew & Tell Friday






















Here are my May STUD quilts.
Top left, a wonderful sewing machine from Scrapnchick, inspired by my previous post on my mother and her sewing machine. The details are great, as was the letter sent along with it. I just love it!

Top right, SaraSQuilts "Wish You Were Here" mini of her farm in PA. Check out the little cows in front of the barn! The back also has a lovely pieced star. This will look great in my office "gallery"--thank you!


I've been waiting to Sew & Tell my May contributions. On the lower left, my "Wish You Were Here in Iowa." Later in the summer, the goldfinches (Iowa state bird) will flock to our sunflower folly ( a 10 ft circle of sunflowers). Everything in Iowa is surrounded by corn and bean fields, shaded in all kinds of green and golds at one time or another.

On the lower right is my "Anything Goes." Scrapnchick said she loved cherries, and I really wanted to try Oh, Fransson's rick rack block (see older post). Harder than it looks, at least for me to keep straight, so I embraced the wonky!

Check out more Sew & Tell's over at Amylouwho's (click on the sidebar button). Have a great weekend!

Gratitudes
  • A good week at state church meetings with a little road trip thrown in--fun to get out of town!
  • Starting a new STUD mini
  • I'm in the DQS9! I have all summer to let my ideas percolate.

11 comments:

Jennifer Dyck said...

Fantastic! I love the cherries :)

I have to embrace the wonky often - keeping straight is much easier said than done!!

Karen said...

Lucky lady! Love the cherries.

Paulette said...

Your bird quilt and cherry quilt are both so cute. "Embrace the wonky"--love it!

Quiltpiecer said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I absolutely love the goldfinch! So pretty:)

Michelle said...

They are all so pretty, but different one from another. Fabulous!

beth said...

I love your little quilts. Especially those cherries!

Day before Michelle said...

Those are great, although I have to admit I'm partial to the cherries..I do so love those fabrics!

Diane said...

Those are all great! THanks for sharing.

Lappedamen said...

They are so cute all of them.

Dayna said...

These are all so great! I'm really thankful for the term "wonky". In the 90's when I started quilting (before taking my now 8-year frustration break), I didn't know there was an official, acceptable name for the imperfection I seemed to always "achieve". :-)