Sep 11, 2010

Yummy Chocolate Pinwheels

DQS9 Received!!
























Looky, looky what I found in my mailbox! Quiltmakertg send me this fabulous mini--beautiful, bright pinwheels surrounded by chocolate brown. The setting and quilting are just perfect. I love that I had already made it a "favorite" on the Flickr group before I even received it.

I just love how fabulous a simple, even traditional block can look with the right fabrics and treatment. Really, it's not your grandmother's quilt, but it has a lot of the same elements!



















Quiltmakertg also sent a lovely set of fat quarters--I've already got some chocolate Kona cotton to put with them into a simple, coin-like quilt. Thank you so much, Sandra! Your package really made my day--and the orange binding is exactly my style!

Ain't swaps grand!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'm so glad you like it Kolleen! It was a fun project to make:)