Jan 20, 2011

2011 :: The Year of Stash Reduction

Slice of Stash


Now I hate to make resolutions. I'm not even that good with goals--oh, I can set them, I just don't follow through. So I hesitate to go public with my plan to reduce my stash. But the fact of the matter is I have lots of stuff, and it's getting in my way. So here's the deal for 2011:

  1. Much of my stash was purchased with a specific project in mind (at least I don't impulse buy "just because") this year I will only buy fabric/notions needed to finish a project (mostly backing/batting/thread).
  2. If I have fabric sets/projects I am no longer interested in I will either (a) turn them into a quick charity quilt or shopping bag or (b) give them away--no more hoarding things I don't even like.
  3. Each month I will try to complete a project (in addition to any swaps) starting with UFOs. This will also result in more finished projects for me and my family. Ahh, proof I'm actually a quilter.
I've joined StashPact11 on Flickr to help me stay inspired and motivated. Oh, and this month I'm trying to eat more veggies!
How about you--do you have any resolutions for 2011? I'd love to hear.

Joys
  • sunshine
  • yummy monster cookies made by someone else
  • family hearts tournament (the prize is first pick of chores)

    No comments: