Apr 4, 2010

Happy Easter













We always enjoy a quiet Easter--no family get-togethers where we live. But Easter always reminds me of those childhood Easters. My mother always wore an Easter hat (this one has a pink linen cape to go with it); in this photo I had one, too! I always received new gloves from Great-Aunt Blanche, a new dress and new shoes. The family would go to church together and then have dinner--ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, orange jello salad, homemade rolls and lemon cake. As the only kid around, I had a great Easter egg hunt with lots of goodies! The Easters of my childhood always marked a new time when we would all awake from the sleepiness of winter.

My hope for all of you is that whatever faith you have, you are enjoying the new creations of spring, along with family and fun. :) Take time to listen to the cardinals (or robins) singing to the tree tops, to feel the spring breeze on the back of your hands, and most importantly, to know that you are indeed loved beyond all measure and understanding.

Looking at Stars
The God of curved space, the dry
God, is not going to help us, but the son
whose blood splattered
the hem of his mother's robe.
~ Jane Kenyon

No comments: