::Nov STUD Swap::
I had so much FUN with this little quilt--I got the background finished fairly early in November, then I had a fantastic cold. Finally this week I was able to finish the yo-yos--only to find that the ones I'd made were not BIG enough (didn't take into account overlapping them).
Frantically, I made some larger ones and searched for buttons (I wanted to mail it on time to be in the Dec swap!). In the end, I was really pleased with the results. I didn't even want to mail it off! Nearly done with a smaller version (using the first yo-yo's) for myself.
November's theme is "Winter with a Twist." I have something sweet (candy border), something sparkly (lots of fairy frost and shiny thread), and something vintage (like--yo-yos).
- Overlap yo-yos look cool.
- One can spend oh-so-much time choosing buttons!
- Backstitch rayon quilting because rayon thread slips out of knots.
For more Sew & Tell fun, go here.
This has been a tough week, but my GRATITUDES are:
- Satisfaction in finishing a truly nice swap.
- Great meatloaf sandwich for lunch (it reminds me of Grandma)
- No need to shop much for Christmas gifts--most of my family is perfectly happy with HANDMADE!