Jul 30, 2009

Just Needed A Sewing Fix


This week I had just a little time to sew and a small packet of new charms. I SHOULD have finished up a project or two, but I just wanted to make something for me and more important, I wanted to finish it! I had just gotten a packet of charms from Sandy Gervais--I think a collection of Fresh Squeezed. It is so bright and happy--the perfect colors to go with my dishes and things in my dining room. Since my sewing machine is in my dining room, I decided to make something like this, using this technique.

It worked pretty well. Next time, I think the interfacing technique would look better with smaller squares. I experimented a bit with a small 9-patch, quilting it with batting, and it looks nice, although a bit stiff (as Alicia Paulson warned). All in all, it makes a cheery addition to my dining room, and I think it'll help keep the dust off my machine. Thanks to Tiny House via SewMamaSew Blog and PosieGetsCozy for the great inspiration!

No comments: