Jan 1, 2010

Joy in the New Year Challenge


Here's my update on Jacquie's challenge (check out how everyone did here). I had said I would try to finish 12 WIPS to help me have a fresh start in 2010. Here's the low-down:


SEMI-CHECK 1. Four-Patch Frenzy The top is finish but not quilted. I struggled with basting but found a new technique on You Tube. Holding out to try that.
 
CHECK 2. Produce Bags Finished a few of these and sent them off for Christmas. Neglected to photograph them. Of course, I didn't actually follow the directions, so I'm waiting to hear how they work.


SEMI-CHECK 3. Wonky Log Cabin Quilt Along (graduation quilt) Finished the top--which I absolutely LOVE (amazing what giving yourself permission to deviate from the rules does). Still need to quilt it. Part of the ORBC Quilt Along, round 3. I'll show it when it's quilted.

CHECK 4. Office Wall Hanging Done and waiting to hang up. No pic yet.

CHECK 5. Poochie Bag 1 (Christmas) DONE and gifted--forgot to photograph!

CHECK 6. Poochie Bag 2 (Christmas) DONE and gifted--forgot to photograph!

CHECK 7. Poochie Bag 3 (Christmas) DONE and gifted--forgot to photograph!

PLAN B DOLL QUILT (ALSO A ufo) 8. Poochie Bag 4 (Christmas) Finished the binding on a UFO doll quilt and gifted that instead.

NOPE 9. Owl Bag (Christmas) Not even stitched, just cut out. The same WIP it was a few weeks ago.


SEMI-CHECK 10. Grandma's Quilt Mostly quilted. I love this top my grandma made. I was feeling rushed and didn't want to screw it up. One good day should do it. She got some produce bags for Christmas.

SEMI-CHECK 11. Horse Quilt Just need to finish the binding and mail it. That will be good, 'cuz I started it 2 years ago (!)

NOPE 12. Gold Finch Table Runner Just sittin' in the box, waiting for spring!

In real life, I finished 7 out of 12 WIPS (with one WIP substitution). In my mind, I pretty much finished (at least so much more than I expected) 10 out of 12 WIPs! Either way, given how busy the last 2 months have been, given how prone I am to starting new things RATHER than finishing them, I am pretty satisfied.

For January, I plan to finish one, then make something for myself (that I will NOT give away), finish another, and so on. I would be thrilled to finish up something every other week. So many of them are SO CLOSE! So here's to JOY IN THE NEW YEAR! As long as I'm sewing, I got JOY




Happy 2010 to all 
I hope you continue to just LOVE 
making and sewing and quilting 
because that's really what's it's all about.

No comments: