Nov 1, 2009

Sunday Stash 11022009



I went shopping stashing! Today's Sunday Stash are my picks for the 4 little girls bags (see Santa's list) I'm making for Christmas.
  1. For the yellow bag the main fabric is flowers by Lakehouse
  2. For the blue bag, I found this cute goldfish print--maybe it's Japanese--possibly Kona Bay? 
  3. For the purple, I'm going to try this Robert Kaufman
  4. and for the pink, some Michael Miller
For each bag I think I'll use either a solid or a grosgrain ribbon for the straps. And I think the pockets will need a little dudin up, like an appliqued flower or goldfish. To keep it all easy, I'll be using the ever popular Poochie Bag from Happy Zombie as my basic pattern. This pattern is so cute, and doesn't really even take full fat quarters! Thank you, Happy Zombie! Time to get to work!

Gratitudes
A beautiful, sunny day.
The chance to sew ALL afternoon!
The fact that my upcoming birthday (tomorrow!) is not quite a milestone! (And as one of my friends said, we look at least as good as our mothers at this age.)

No comments: